Like many, I’m very sensitive to diary and gluten. I cut these two food groups from my diet years ago as part of a full lifestyle change. Even though I still indulge once in a while (like when I go to Italy), I listen to my body and eat what makes me feel best. This tasty oatmeal recipe has become my go-to breakfast. Oats are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and are amazing for the health of your brain and heart. Eating carbs in the morning gives me the energy I need to start the day and keeps me full and satisfied until lunchtime.
BANANA CHIA SEED OATMEAL
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 tablespoon chia seeds
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Mash the banana.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan.
3. Turn heat to medium and as the mixture cooks, stir occasionally.
4. Cook the oatmeal until the oats are thick and creamy. This should take around 3-4 minutes.
5. Top with almond butter and blueberries.