Here is another one of my favorite healthy recipes that I am so excited to share with you: my ultimate green smoothie bowl.
A smoothie bowls is a very thick smoothie that you eat in a bowl, topped with whatever your heart desires: fruit, nuts and seeds, granola. I love eating smoothie bowls for breakfast because it is a great way for me to get my daily intake of greens.
Greens are very important to have in your diet as they are high in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. Have you been craving sweets or fatty foods lately? If you are having these cravings, it means your body is deficient of minerals. Because of this deficiency, your body automatically thinks it needs sweets or fatty foods to satisfy this deficiency. Having a green smoothie bowl will take those cravings away.
Handful of spinach or kale
1/2 c. water
1 frozen, ripe banana
1/4 c. frozen blueberries
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 tbsp. honey
Scoop of plant-based chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
Toppings: bananas, chia seeds, pecans, and cacao nibs
1. In a blender, blend the spinach and water until the spinach is fully liquified.
2. Add the frozen banana, blueberries and avocado and blend.
3. Mix in the almond butter and honey.
4. Add the chocolate protein powder, flax seed, and a dash of cinnamon.
5. Blend until the smoothie is thick and creamy.
6. Pour into a bowl and top with bananas, chia seeds, pecans, and cacao nibs.
Tips: If your smoothie is not blending enough, add more water. If your smoothie is not thick enough, add a few ice cubes and blend until smooth.